Friday 20 June 2014

#include "week5"



This week was continuous commits and fixing the issues. Most of the part can be found here . It's the pull request which I gave and Diaspora people aided me a lot with the issues. They wanted me to change the methodology because it would create a lot of complication and confusion in the tags following path. We even came to final conclusion that adding a filter on top of it may disturb the existing tags functionality. However the code written for Language selection and detection was considered useful and they want me to build everything on top of it. Fetching any variables from publisher page to status message controllers is still ongoing and seems pretty tough. Adding a normal select dropdown list makes the css look like

Dropdown
List
It messes up the front end even after trying to fix the CSS and doesn't get the work done. I am finally trying to get it by adding some javascript. They even asked me to do the Language selection while signing up totally client side. I worked on it and managed to get it but we're still deciding on how to store it in back-end as the plan of storing it as followed tags has been crossed off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment