Thursday 5 June 2014

#include "week2 && week3"



Last week  I had some work progress but most of them were left  incomplete and I had to solve the bugs to bring them to this stag.

Testing WhatLanguage Gem :

As I mentioned earlier it turned out that I had to use language field in status method so I planned on going ahead and adding another line in status message itself to see if this gem works.
After including the gem in Gemfile and using it for detection it works juts fine. Mostly the detection goes wrong for normal English sentences. However we have option for manual tagging to control it.


Tag while post feature : 

I have changed the view for the main stream .



I have added another field called Language and selected "Auto Tag" by default so that if without changing it if a user posts, it uses the gem to autodetect language. I tried using some standard haml dropdowns but they din't work on this view so I had to use their standards to not make the view go berserk. Currently I am working on fetching the selected field to status_messages_controller.rb. 


Sign_up page modifications : 

As mentioned in the proposal I was about to make changes to the sign_up page to add preferred languages.


I added the field to do so. Due to some errors in Javascript the autocomplete feature is not working for it . Currently I am having discussions about it in Diaspora-dev and with my mentor. Will come up with an update soon .


PS: I have updated my git repo . You can have a look at the commit history or pull the latest one and try to have a look at the added features. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment